The sites and newsletters listed below are information sites and newsletters and are direct marketing, trade, brand and domain names of Clearlight Media. Clearlight Media is a UK business who specialise in the provision of helpful information to the public at no charge and consumer data for marketing and market research purposes. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our Place Online is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ZA103202), and as such your information will always be safeguarded through our adherence to the Data Protection Act 1998, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (2003). We will not use or share the information you give, other than where we have a legitimate interest in doing so; or if we have no such interest, without your consent which is given by completing the on-line registration forms on our site or forms on newsletters or elsewhere so you can send donations, enter prize draws, receive special offers or rewards or participate in any of the other promotions or activities offered.
Included sites and newsletters:
My Pet Matters
Giving for Good
My Pet Matters is published by Clearlight Media, Unit. 1, Alton Road Industrial Estate, Ross on Wye, HR95NB. Please address any communication to “The Data Protection Officer”. In relation to data collected from any Survey you complete any reference to “we”, “us”, “our”, or “ourselves” shall mean Our Place or the provider of the warranty or both.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect data online and in writing.
We may collect and process the following data about you;
• Information that you provide by filling in the Survey or any other information gathering medium we send you;
• Information that you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Our Place;
• If you contact us, a record of that correspondence may be retained;
• Information in any other surveys that we may ask you to complete, although you do not have to respond to these;
• Details of your visits to our websites, response to our newsletters and the resources that you access.
The information may include postal address, email, phone number, credit card details, date of birth, Council Tax band and information you chose to give us about your interests, hobbies, and finances.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you send information to us via e-mail, then you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk.
USES MADE OF THIS INFORMATION
We gather information from members of the public specifically for direct marketing purposes by us and others.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To contact you or send you direct marketing information
• To notify you about our services; • To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; • To deal with the results of competitions and promotions;
• To reply to correspondence from you;
• To ensure that, where this is applicable, content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To resolve any problems with our service that you report.
• To gain information about members from other data providers by way of data appending or profiling.
From time to time we would like to be able to pass your postal address to third party organisations in the charity and retail sectors which we feel would be of interest to you. We will only do this if you did not object to this when you provided your personal data. You may at any time change your mind by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or write to at Unit 1, Alton Road Industrial Estate, Ross on Wye, HR95NB.
The sites and newsletters listed below are information sites and newsletters and are direct marketing, trade, brand and domain names of Clearlight Media, a UK business who specialise in the provision of helpful information to the public at no charge and consumer data for marketing and market research purposes. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The owner of Clearlight Media is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ZA103272), and as such your information will always be safeguarded through our adherence to the Data Protection Act 1998, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (2003). We will not use or share the information you give, other than where we have a legitimate interest in doing so; or if we have no such interest, without your consent which is given by completing the on-line registration forms on our site or forms on newsletters or elsewhere so you can send donations, enter prize draws, receive special offers or rewards or participate in any of the other promotions or activities offered.
If you do not want us to use your data in the ways described above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, let us know by e-mail to:email@example.com or by using the contact information below.
METHODS OF COMMUNICATION
We or the selected third parties may contact you in one of the following ways:
• by post;
• by telephone (if you supply your telephone number);
• by e-mail, SMS or mobile phone (if you supply your contact details).
If you do not want to be contacted by any of these methods, please let us know by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact information below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
Aside from the circumstances described above under the heading, Uses Made of This Information” we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• My Pet Matters or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreements with you, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We intend to rely on Legitimate Interests as our legal basis for processing your data. We have conducted a Balancing Test to satisfy ourselves that processing on the basis of Legitimate Interests is legal and fair to you. We believe that the processing we do is necessary for our business in that it is vital to our business that as many people as possible hear about our sites; also the commercial purpose of the business is to generate data to share that this has been disclosed to you and that no harm will come to you from the processing we do. However, please do contact our Support Team if you wish us to stop at any time email us at email@example.com; or by using the contact information below. Digital data will only be processed with your full consent.
You have our assurance that all data is held securely and not transferred out of the UK.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Just contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by using the contact information below.
The Data Protection Act 1998 also gives you the right to access information held about you by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. For more details, please send an e-mail to us at email@example.com and ask us how you can make a “subject access request”. We propose to retain your data indefinitely unless you ask us to delete your record.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better service.
My Pet Matters Newsletter is published by Clearlight Media
VAT Registration No.388902155
Unit 1 • Alton Road Industrial Estate • Ross on Wye • HR9 5NB