The bird fell into a container of chicken tikka masala while trying to get a piece of meat from a factory bin.
Staff at the centre used washing up liquid to clean the gull’s feathers.
They managed to get him back to his original white colour but have not been able to wash away the smell.
Lucy Kells who is a veterinary nurse said: “He really surprised everyone here – we had never seen anything like it before.
“The thing that shocked us the most was the smell. He smelled amazing, he really smelled good.”
(Story source: Newsround – June 2016)